Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday Mural: hidden faces

This large scale mural looks like a group effort but I didn't see any signatures.  I feel I should know the artists by the distinctive styles, but sadly I don't.  This is one of those images that invites free association to uncover meaning.  Maybe something about the need of street artists to stay anonymous?  You tell me.  The writing down the side of the wall says Rock Paper Scissors, the art collective whose back wall is the canvas.

If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You get to decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and to visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the mural finds posted this week.

19 comments:

  1. Those really are cool, I don't recognize the style either, but sure do like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps we are all masked?
    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a very small collection of masks; I think that we all wear masks at various times. Perhaps these represent veils, which I consider a form of mask. Great for our December theme day too. . all are looking out~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic ones...I especially like the second from left! Super creative...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mexican theme I think from the wrestling where they wear Masks

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first impression was of a middle eastern nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's certainly a hidden message there.
    It bugs me when I can't find any info about the artist.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Très joli post!
    Merci de ta visite et de tes gentils commentaires sur mes pages, Merci, bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks a bit spooky all those covered faces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bit scary, but certainly brightens up the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you hit the nail on the head ODP, so many of the really well known street artists choose to remain anonymous, even if they're doing a commissioned work! This is a thought provoking mural..

    ReplyDelete
  12. the white one on the end reminds me of a jelly fish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever incorporation of the air-conditioning units to look like part of the breathing apparatus...
    The white one reminds me of an onion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic. I love them. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great street art. The tall building in the rear blends in well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just looking at info in Nina1 and found the 3 artists of this one: Irot, Chris Granillo, Nina 1(GirlMobb).

    ReplyDelete